Botanical Name : Ficus Religiosa
English Name : Sacred Fig
Tamil Name : அரச பட்டை / Arasam pattai
Hindi Name : अस्वत्थ छाल / Aswattha Chhaal
Malayalam Name : അരയാൽ കുര / Arayal / Pippalam kura
Telugu Name : పిప్పలము ఆకు బెరడు / Pippalamu beradu
Ficus religiosa is a large dry season deciduous or semi evergreen tree up to 30 metres (98 ft) tall and with a trunk diameter of up to 3 metres. The Bark occurs in flat or slightly curved pieces, varying from 1.0-2.5 cm or more in thickness. The outer surface is brown, or ash coloured, surface is uneven due to exfoliation of cork and the inner surface is smooth and somewhat brownish, fracture and fibrous. Bark mainly contains tannins. According to Ayurveda, every part of the peepal tree - the leaf, bark, shoot, seeds, as well as the fruit, has several medicinal benefits. It is being used since ancient times for curing many diseases.
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine-tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Any how you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.
Internal Benefits of Arasam pattai
•Natural Way to stop Diarrhea; Paste of leaves or bark is helpful in case of diarrhea.
•Siddha medicine to maintain Uric Acid level; Decoction of Peepal tree is useful in gout. Its regular use lowers serum uric acid level.
•Ayurvedic Medicine for Impotency: In case of impotency decoction of Peepal tree parts prepared in milk gives benefits.
• Patti Vaithiyam for Mensural Problems; Decoction of bark of Peepal tree is useful when there is difficulty in menstruation
External Benefits of Arasam pattai
• In case of edema paste of Peepal tree bark with ghee helps a lot.
• Sprinkling of Peepal tree bark on bleeding helps to check blood loss.
• Gargling with decoction of Peepal bark helps in checking mouth sore.
• Use of fine powder of Peepal tree bark as local application gives relief in fistula.
• Application of Peepal tree ash is useful in breast abscess.
• Application of ash of Peepal tree on chest region helps to check hiccup.
• Dental Care: Doing toothbrush with fresh twigs of Peepal is very good for teeth and mouth
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: ATRRB001
- Weight: 50.00g