Henna or Mehandi is a medicinal plant. Its bark and seeds are used in Unani and Ayurvedic medicines. Henna is a middle-sized shrub with many branches. It yields small white or pinkish fragrant flowers in large terminal bunches and small round fruits. This fascinating plant known as worldwide for the beautiful coloring dye used by the orientals to color their hands and body.
Botanical Name : Lawsonia inermis
English Name: Henna Leaves, Mignonette Tree
Tamil Name: மருதாணி / Maruthani ilai
Hindi Name: मेहंद2 / Mehandi
Malayalam Name: മൈലാഞ്ചി / Mailanji
Telugu Name: 4IABంటÇకR / Gorintaaku
About Maruthani (Henna Leaves): -
Henna or Mehandi is a medicinal plant. Its bark and seeds are used in Unani and Ayurvedicmedicines. Henna is a middle-sized shrub with many branches. It yields small white or pinkish fragrant flowers in large terminal bunches and small round fruits. This fascinating plant is known worldwide for the beautiful colouring dye used by the Orientals to colour their hands and body.
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, the remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out on our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine-tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Anyhow you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.
Benefits of Maruthani Ilai (Henna Leaves): -
• Cooling agent: Henna is a great cooling agent. When applied to scrapes and burns it gives relief
• Treats for Headaches
• Treats Baldness: Henna leaves can be used to treat baldness.
• Skin conditions: Henna can be used to treat skin conditions like athletes’ foot, rashes, and ringworm. It is also an effective sunblock.
•Nails: Henna is known for treating cracked nails. Soak henna leaves in water and leave overnight, then drink this water to treat your cracked nails. Repeat for at least 10 days. You can mix butter with henna powder and use it as a poultice to treat sores filled with pus, manage, and scabies
• Arthritis: You can use henna oil for arthritic and rheumatic pain.
• Hair: Henna contains natural ingredients important for hair nourishment. It shares a great bond with hair as it helps to penetrate, cleanse, and thicken the hair shafts which improve the quality of hair. It’s also used to treat dandruff. It’s commonly used for colouring hair by mixing it into natural dyes.
- Stock: 2-3 Days
- Model: Chooranam
- Weight: 50.00g