Black caraway also known as nigella or kalonji, often called black cumin is an annual flowering plant in the family Ranunculaceae, native to south and southwest Asia. Nigella sativa grows to 20–30 cm tall, with finely divided, linear leaves.
Botanical Name : Nigella sativa
English Name : Black Caraway
Tamil Name : கருஞ்சீரகம் / Karunjeeragam
Hindi Name : कल4जी, कल7जी / Kalaunji, Kalonji
Malayalam Name: പെരിഞ്ജീരകം / Karinjirakam
Telugu Name : / నల9:లకర, / Seemsopu Ginjalu
About Karunjeeragam (Black Caraway):
Black caraway also known as nigella or kalonji, often called black cumin is an annual flowering plant in the family Ranunculaceae, native to south and southwest Asia. Nigella sativa grows to 20–30 cm tall, with finely divided, linear leaves. The flowers are delicate, and usually coloured pale blue and white, with five to ten petals. The black caraway fruit is a large and inflated capsule composed of three to seven united follicles, each containing numerous seeds which are used as spice, sometimes as a replacement for black cumin.
Procurement & Agriculture Method:90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine-tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Any how you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.
How to Consume Karunjeeragam (Black Caraway) Internally: -
Morning - Mix 5 gms of powder in 100 ml water, Boil the content for few minutes. once the water
gets warm, filter the content and drink it before food. Repeat the same for Evening Dosage after
2.Weight Loss diet tips: The mix of (½ tsp) of Black Caraway extract, honey (2tsp) and lukewarm
water if taken twice a day in the morning and before going to bed) is helpful in obesity
3.Sinus problems: The mix of honey (1tsp) and black caraway (½ tsp) are taken twice a day in
the morning as well as in the evening.
How to Apply Karunjeeragam (Black Caraway) Externally: -
1. Black caraway for hair loss prevention: Make a paste of black caraway oil (20grams), Mehandi
powder (20grams) and vinegar (60grams). Rub it on the scalp and left for one hour followed by
washing it with fresh water. It is useful to cure baldness and hair problems. Use it once in a
2.To prevent hair fall prematurely, it is suggested that one should rub lime juice on the scalp and
left it for 20 minutes. Wash it with herbal shampoo and use the caraway oil after getting the head
dry. Positive result will be seen within a week. It should be continued for one week.
3. Massaging with caraway seeds oil strengthens the hair roots and prevent premature greying of
hair. skin care: Prepare a mixture of caraway seeds oil (50ml) and olive oil (50ml). Take ½ tsp of
this mix in the morning before having breakfast.
4. To treat pimples, acne and wrinkles, apply this oil over the affected area before going to bed
and wash the same in the morning. Continue it for 30 days.
6. To get rid of the teeth problems such as premature of falling teeth and teeth weakness, it is
suggested to have caraway oil (½ tsp) and curd twice a day.
Internal Benefits of Karunjeeragam (Black Caraway): -
• Weight Loss diet tips: Black Caraway is an easy way to shed extra calories. It may be
considered as one of the weight loss diet plans. It helps to make you slim without visiting to gym.
• Type 2 diabetes: Just two grams daily of black seed could result in reduced fasting blood sugar
levels, along with decreased insulin resistance, and increased beta-cell function in the pancreas.
• Epilepsy: black seed to be effective at reducing the frequency of seizures in children who
resisted conventional treatment. Black seed indeed has anti-convulsive properties.
• Protection Against Heart Attack Damage: An extract from black seed has been shown to
possess heart-protective qualities, dampening damages associated with heart attacks and
boosting overall heart health.
• Sinus problems: The seeds are effective to give you relief from the frequent occurrence of
• Joint pain home remedies: It is useful in relieving of joint pains, knee pains and arthritis.
• Neck pain remedy: Solve your neck pain and cervical related pains by using caraway.
• Sexual problems: Caraway seeds have effective solution to get rid of from sexual weakness.
• Caraway seeds for gynaecological issues: The seeds are helpful in treating and curing of many
gynaecological problems such as Menstrual, Leucorrhoea, White discharge, back pain, stomach
External Benefits of Karunjeeragam (Black Caraway): -
Black caraway for hair loss prevention: Black caraway is effective in the treatment and
prevention of hair problems. Caraway seeds for beauty and skin care: This is one of easy home
remedies to use it to make your complexion fair as well as to glow your skin
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: Chooranam
- Weight: 50.00g