Aada Thodai Ilai / Malabar nut is a small evergreen, subherbacious bush. The leaves are 10 to 16 cm in length, minutely pubescent and broadly lanceolate. When the leaves are dried, they appear dull brownish green in color and taste bitter.
Botanical Name : Justicia adathoda
English Name : Malabar Nut
Tamil Name : ஆடா ேதாடா / Aada Thodai Ilai
Hindi Name : अदोस/ आPष/ रस/ बांस / Adosa/ Arusha/ Rus/ Bansa
Malayalam Name : ആടലോടകം / അടരൂഷക / Adalodakam / Adarooshaka
Telugu Name : టంEాబ5 / టం`ాక / అడmసరం / Adamkabu/ Adampaka/ Addasaram
About Aada Thodai Ilai (Malabar Nut):
- Malabar nut is a small evergreen, sub-herbaceous bush. The leaves are 10 to 16 cm in length, minutely pubescent and broadly lanceolate. When the leaves are dried, they appear dull brownish green in color and taste bitter. The inflorescence is dense, short pedunculate, bractate and spike terminal.
- The corolla is large and white, with lower lip streaked purple. The fruit is a 4-seeded
small capsule. The stomata in the plant are elongated and oval in shape. The plant has
been used in India for over 200 years. It is commonly cultivated in the tropics in the
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient
books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine-tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team.
Any how you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.
How to consume Aada Thodai Ilai (Malabar Nut) Internally: -
- Morning - Mix 5 gms of powder in 100 ml water, Boil the content for few minutes. once the water gets warm, filter the content and drink it before food. Repeat the same for Evening Dosage after dinner.
How to Apply Aada Thodai Ilai (Malabar Nut) Externally: -
Internal Benefits of Aada Thodai Ilai (Malabar Nut): -
Malabar Nut is internally used for:
• For the early stages of leprosy.
• Good for cleansing the blood of its impurities.
• For assisting in heart troubles.
• Asthma, sore eyes and gonorrhea.
• Checking fever, vomiting and loss of memory.
• Helps in the early stages of leucoderma and jaundice.
• Tumours and diseases of the mouth.
• Dysuria or painful and difficult urination.
External Benefits of Aada Thodai Ilai (Malabar Nut): -
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: Chooranam
- Weight: 50.00g