About Badam Pisin
Badam pisin | Badam gum | Almond gum is the natural gum obtained from the sweet almond tree. It is called almond gum in English, badam gondh in Hindi and badam pisin in Tamil. The botanical name of sweet almond tree is Prunus Dulcis. It should not be confused with Indian badam tree whose botanical name is Terminalia Catappa. The almond is a deciduous tree, growing 4–10 m (13–33 ft) in height, with a trunk of up to 30 cm (12 in) in diameter. The young twigs are green at first, becoming purplish where exposed to sunlight, then grey in their second year. The leaves are 3–5 inches long, with a serrated margin and a 2.5 cm (1 in) petiole. The flowers are white to pale pink, 3–5 cm (1–2 in) diameter with five petals, produced singly or in pairs and appearing before the leaves in early spring Almond is also the name of the edible and widely cultivated seed of this tree. Within the genus Prunus, it is classified with the peach in the subgenus Amygdalus, distinguished from the other subgenera by corrugations on the shell (endocarp) surrounding the seed.
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
details and benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient
books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine-tuned by our Siddha
Doctors Team. Any how you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.
Internal Benefits of Badam Pisin
- It has great cooling properties and is suitable for people with excessive body heat.
- It helps calm the stomach burns, treats ulcers and reduces the burning sensation in the stomach.
- It is a good cure for people suffering from diaherra.
- It is known for its cholesterol lowering properties.
- It is given to pregnant women for its nutritional and cooling properties. It strengthens the bone and increases body strength.
- Being a natural gum, it is free of artificial colours and preservatives. It is therefore ideal for consumption by children.
- When consumed regularly, it helps gain weight. Add badam pisin with milk and drink to see visible result in weight gain.
- Rather than buying artificial jellies for children, Badam pisin along with ice cream/ milk will be a natural.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: ATRRP002
- Weight: 50.00g